In today’s blog post, if you want to run your own business you need to figure out your WHY.
Join my free FB community to connect with me and other fabulous solopreneurs to help you Rock Your Fabulous Biz.
When you’re in business, often people outside of your business network won’t get what you doThey can think you’re just playing at business. I still get it now from some of my friends – they look at me surprised that I actually know what I’m talking about! Drives me crazy!! Sometimes people will squash your dreams. They won’t do it intentionally, they just don’t think in the way that you think – they may be playing small with their own lives, or have had experiences that have made it difficult for them to set big goals. I love the quote by Sue Krebs. Not everyone will share your vision – that still does not mean that there is something wrong with your sight – Sue Krebs Don’t let people put you off your vision – in fact I would share it with as few people as possible – that way they can’t make you believe you’re dreaming too big or that it’s not possible – be a visionary! Stick to your path whether others believe it’s the right one or not. Who should you spend your time with?
Surround yourself with the right people, people that will support and encourage your dreams.You may find out they believe you more than you believe yourself! It’s important to have a clear business vision. It creates focus and direction. If you don’t know where you’re going then essentially any road will take you there! When you have a business vision it can really motivate you. From vision (your what) can come strategy (your how) You need to get clear on the direction you’re heading. You wouldn’t get in a car and drive to a new place without planning out your journey (hopefully not, anyway!) and equally you don’t want to be doing that with your business. It doesn’t mean you won’t take detours or go off in the wrong direction now and again but by having a vision you can pull yourself back. Get really clear on how you want your business to be Here’s a list of questions to get you thinking. No need to write them down, they’ll be over on my blog post and listed in the show notes here too.
- Why do you want to do this particular type of business? (think about what lights you up about what you do)
- What do you want to be known for?
- If someone was promoting you on a TV show what would your line of work be?
- If an article was written about you in a magazine what would the magazine be?
- What types of clients do you want calling you? (describe what they’re like)
- What will be the benefit for you in building a thriving business – physically, mentally, emotionally, financially?
- What do you want your business values to be?
- Who would your dreamie clients be?
- What lifestyle are you aiming to achieve with your business?
- How famous are you? (magazines, TV, radio, podcasts, newspapers, books?)
- What are your long term intentions for your business? (global domination, sell, retire?)
- Where do you want your life/business to be in 5 years, 2-3 years, 1 year?
- How do you feel?
- What other questions do you think you need to ask yourself? (Add in your own questions if you want to)
Remember to check out my Visibility Quiz to find out whether you’re a Visibility Lady, Countess, Princess or Queen. If you’re a guy then please change the names to Lord, Count, Prince and King) Once you’ve got your score I’d love for you to come on over to my pinned post on my business page and tell me what score you got. There’s a chance to win a little prize each month.
Also, I would love to interview Ladies, Countesses, Princesses & Queens on my podcast show, Rock Your Fabulous Biz. I’ll be asking you all about what you do on visibility right now, what’s working for you, what’s not and where you’d like to be. If you’re interested then apply for your spot here – http://bit.ly/PodVisQuiz. In order for your application to be considered, you’ll need to have completed the quiz though as I’ll need to know what you’ve scored etc.