It all comes down to mindset. If you’re not confident in what you’re offering people, then why would they be confident in you?What are you telling yourself when you market your services? I was going to say market yourself there, instead of your services, but maybe that’s where we need to start. While there’s an element of you marketing you (we all know people buy from people they know, like and trust) actually you’re marketing your services, and how you can help that person improve their life and/or business.
If you’re constantly telling yourself, you’re not good enough or thinking your prices are too low what impact do you think that has on your potential client when they speak with you?You will be coming from a place of need, or worse, desperation, which isn’t going to serve either of you well.
Instead of thinking about all of the ways that you’re not good enough, start to notice all of the things you ARE good at.There are so many ways that we can hold ourselves back, we can be our own worst enemies. It might be fear of rejection, fear of success, perfectionism, procrastination, self-talk etc. etc. So, let’s get real; Could you be rejected when you put yourself out there to market your business? Well, yes, you could, but even the most famous people get bad reviews. Does that stop them? Not usually. Most of them say they just stop reading the reviews. Ultimately, those that may reject you are not your ideal clients, so don’t waste your energy worrying about trying to get them to like you or what you do. Focus on YOUR clients, the ones that love what you do. Respond politely to those that aren’t the right fit for you, learn any valuable lessons and move on.
Should you be scared of being successful?Well, it’s kind of an unusual one because we all want to run successful businesses, don’t we? The thing is we might have underlying limiting beliefs that by being successful other people are going to suffer, so you need to work on and release those blocks, or they will hold you back. Perfectionism – is this one you’re familiar with? I hate to break it to you but you’re not perfect, none of us are – who knew?! You will not get it right 100% of the time. Again, you need to work on this. Did I hear you ask, how? Well firstly get brave enough to put something out there that doesn’t feel perfect, you might look at it and think that could be better, but it would take another 4 hours to do, so put it out there and move on. People actually like it when we make mistakes too, it makes them feel human. (Or is that just something I’m telling myself to make it seem ok?!!) Then there’s good old procrastination. If you’re procrastinating it’s often for a good reason – maybe the timing’s not right, maybe your intuition is telling you that you need to hold yourself back for some reason, maybe you’re scared – the latter is often the most likely. Ask yourself which is more important – to handle that same piece of paper 10 times in one day, get sucked into inane posts on social media, or to do that job that you know will get you in front of more clients? Accept that procrastination happens – you are not a bad person because it does! Now ‘own it’ as an area you need to work on;
- What is happening when you procrastinate about that task?
- What thoughts are going through your head about that specific task that you are putting off?
- What’s the fear driving it? Dig deep on this one to find out what’s really going on
- What is the procrastination hiding?
- Loud noise
- What are you missing out on by not taking action?
- How will life be different for you if you just take one small step through fear?
- Fear happens, it’s what you do with it that counts
- Reframe your self-doubt, CHOOSE to take control. Choose to view things as challenges, not problems
- Recognise your excuses. What’s really going on? Dig deep.
- Stop looking for validation – you don’t need to be perfect, you’re fabulous as you are!
- Become an expert – if you want to feel confident in what you do become as knowledgeable as you can about your area
- Expect rejection – not everyone will like you and that’s ok.
PS. You don’t need to be a Queen on your own. If you want support, check out my Straighten Your Crown Sessions here. More info in the show notes.